Saturday, April 12, 2008

Super Fantastic Expectations

I think I've always been aware that the standards I've set for myself are pretty high...hight high high! But more and more recently, I've noticed that tends to sneak over into my expectations of others too.

It seems those I'm closest to, those I spend quite a bit of time with, those I care about and pray for on a regular basis - I have pretty high expectations of them too...the kind of expectations that make me feel let down when they don't measure up to them...and then, sometimes, I can get crabby about it! As if it were somehow an attack on me! Makes no sense I know! But I tend to think that way...

You see...I like to think that my friends are quality, great, fabulous, wonderful people! And, the more I get to know someone, the more I believe in that person - the more I recognize the unbelievable potential for the Kindgom of God - the more I want to ensure that person sees in themselves the great, fabulousness I see in them...

So I guess the statement I'm trying to make is this...
If I have ever pushed you, bugged you, questioned you as if I expected more of you...Or if I have ever seemed disappointed in you...I'm sorry! Just know it's because I believe in you...and I think you are super fantastic regardless!

No comments: